Using Marketing Automation Software For Growing Your Business Sales
Marketing automation software is a specific type of software that you can use to automate your marketing tasks. Some of what you can do with a marketing automation software in your business is to
- Personalize your messages to your leads and/or customers
- Segment your leads or customers based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Add your leads or customers to a list based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Remove your leads or customers from a list based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Promote based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Assign lead scores to your leads or customers (that is, rank your leads and customers) based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Determine when a lead or customer is sales ready based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Receive notifications based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Track the actions and behaviors of anonymous visitors on your website
- Track your website visitors’ actions and behaviors
- Send email, SMS messages etc based on some specific criteria, trigger, action or behavior
- Send thank you messages, welcome messages, transaction completed messages etc
- Use your own code (software scripts) for retargeting your visitors, leads and/or customers on your website
- Send a message to your leads or customers on their birthdays
You can generally integrate marketing automation software, with some of your other business software, such as your ad tracking software, your sales tracking software etc
You can generally also use marketing automation software with the following
(a). Cold Lists
That is, SMS cold lists, email cold lists, call cold lists etc of prospective customers/clients
That is, in response to enquiries, as sales follow-up, prospect follow-up etc. The follow-ups can be in the form of SMS messages, emails, calls etc
(c). Transactional Messages
Transactional messages may be sent after a purchase, for ecommerce abandon cart recovery (that is, to prospective customers who did not complete their ecommerce transactions and did not buy or make a purchase but abandoned their online carts halfway) etc. The messages could be sent as SMS messages, emails etc.
(d). Leads Opt-In List
That is, your opt-in list of subscribers, your leads opt-in list could be an SMS list, an email list etc
(e). Customer List
That is, a list of those who may have bought from you. Your customer list could be an SMS list, an email list etc
(f). Leads Newsletter Subscribers’ List
That is, your leads newsletter subscribers’ list, the list (an opt-in list) could be an SMS list, an email list etc
(g). Customers Newsletter Subscribers’ List
That is, your customers newsletter subscribers’ list, the list (an opt-in list) could be an SMS list, an email list etc
Examples Of Marketing Automation Software
Some examples of marketing automation software include
- Email Marketing Software
- CRM Software
- SMS Marketing Software
- Call Marketing Automation Software
- Social Media Marketing Software/Automation Tools
- Other Types Of Marketing Automation Software
Your Leads And Marketing Automation Software
A lead is anyone that is interested in your product/service, you should however note that there are different types of leads, and each of type of lead will typically have different level of interest or intent, in or for buying your product/service.
Some of the different types of leads that you can get in your business include
- Unqualified Leads
- Marketing Qualified Leads
- Sales Qualified Leads
(a). Unqualified Leads
These are potential targets that are likely to be interested in your product/service. These include those who may have simply visited your website, offices, your cold list of prospects etc.
(b). Marketing Qualified Leads
These are targets that may have shown some expressed interest in what you provide and/or your product/service. They would typically have expressed their interest, by taking some specific action based on your marketing messages/promotions. Such targets include your opt-in list subscribers (online, offline and/or mobile platforms), your newsletter subscribers (online, offline and/or mobile platforms), and those that may have downloaded your ebooks, videos etc from your website.
(c). Sales Qualified Leads
These are targets that may have shown some high level of interest and/or some clear intent to purchase or buy your product/service, they are also more likely to buy too.
1). If you have a sales team (or are using sales representatives to generate your business sales) you can identify your sales qualified leads
(i). By defining (within your organization) when a lead will become sales qualified, based on when he/she has taken some actions, such as downloading ebooks or videos on your website, or signing up for a webinar or requesting for a product demo etc
(ii). Your sales representatives can also qualify your business leads too, once they’ve had some one-to-one or face-to-face contact with them.
2). If your business/firm does not have a sales team or sales representatives, you can still define when a lead will become sales qualified (that is, you can still define when a lead is more likely to buy) too, based on when the lead has taken some actions, such as downloading ebooks or videos on your website, or signing up for a webinar or requesting for a product demo etc
You can use marketing automation software to target, segment and promote to each type of leads in your business, with specific types of promotions, in order for you to be able to make the sale or more sales, in your business.
To Use Marketing Automation Software To Grow Your Business Sales
You will need to
- Define an overall marketing strategy/plan for your business
- Determine the marketing tasks (based on your business marketing strategy/plan) that you will want to automate with a marketing automation software
- Choose some marketing automation software to use with the specific marketing tasks that you may have chosen to automate in your business
- Use your chosen/selected marketing automation software with such specific marketing tasks
- Track the promotional results and the conversion rates for the marketing tasks that you may have automated, and then market and promote next and subsequently too, based on your promotional results and your conversion rates.
In order for you to profit and succeed with your business, you will generally need to set some sales/profit goal for your business for some specific period of time, and will need to determine what you will need to do to potentially make the specific $X amount in sales/profit goal, that you may have set/defined for your business.
You will also need to determine and define too, the marketing strategy/plan that you will need to potentially market and promote your product/service, to get some sales and achieve the sales/profit goal, that you may have set/defined for your business. You can learn more about how to do these in your business with the help of the courses at Building Six Figure Income Businesses and The Profit Blueprint.
Once you’ve defined the marketing strategy/plan that you can use in your business to potentially achieve your sales/profit goal, you should then be able to determine the specific marketing tasks, that you can automate with a marketing automation software in your business.
For example, if part of your marketing strategy/plan include using an opt-in list with a free giveaway, such as a free ebook on your website, to get or capture some leads for your business, you may then choose to use a web form on your website, that will automatically add your leads to an autoresponder (that is, a marketing automation software) opt-in list, when they subscribe to your list, through your website.
You may also choose to use some marketing automation script/codes, to know and determine when such leads visit your website too, and then track their actions and behaviors on your website. You may also choose to segment such leads on your list for more sales, based on their actions and behaviors, with the help of your marketing automation software/scripts too.
You can track how the list you segmented responded to your promotions, and then use your sales conversion rate from this, to know what is working in your business, and the number of promotions you will need to do next to generate more sales from your list, and how often you should promote on the list to get more sales etc.
This is some of how you can use a marketing automation software, with your marketing tasks, to generate some sales or more sales in your business.
Getting Started With Marketing Automation Software
To get started with using marketing automation software in your business, you may choose to start with getting some opt-in list subscribers (using a free giveaway such as an ebook, as the free bonus gift for the list), and/or some online opt-in list newsletter subscribers, through your website. You will need to use an autoresponder software (that is, a marketing automation software) for these.
After this, you may then choose to use some additional and/or more marketing automation along the way. All of these will however depend on how you may have defined your business marketing strategy/plan, and what you may have determined to do with your promotions, in your business.
- What Is The First Step For Me To Take, In Order For Me To Profit With A Product Or Service Online, Offline And/Or On Mobile Platforms?
- To Profit Online, Offline And/Or Through Mobile Platforms In Your Business
- To Profit And Make Some $X Amount In Sales With Your Business