You can make money on your website through the social media by
- Connecting and engaging with your targets (potential customers) on the social media
- Building a relationship with your social media targets
- Driving some traffic from the social media to your website
- Getting other social media users (through joint ventures, partnerships etc) to drive some social media traffic to your website
- Running some paid promotions on one or more social media sites to drive some targeted traffic to your site
While the act of doing each one of these may appear simple at first glance, they are however in reality, a lot more involving than they appear to be. This is mostly because, in order to generate some sales for your business through the social media, on your website, you will need
- Some targeted social media traffic
- To ensure that you are selling a product/service that provide some value that sells
- To ensure that you are selling a product/service with some substantial demand
- To create some content that sell
- Some time (or quite a lot of it) in order to make this work for you and your business
- You may actually not be able to do all that you would eventually need to do, in order for you to make some money through your social media traffic, on your website by yourself alone, in other words, you may need some help
You Will Need To Get To Those Who Are Likely To Buy Your Product/Service On The Social Media
That is, you will need to get to some targeted traffic on the social media, in order for you to be able to generate some sales through your social media traffic.
To get to some targeted traffic on the social media, you will need to do some research to determine the niche and the targets that your chosen product/service cater to. You will also need to do some research too, to know the specific social media sites you can use, to get to your chosen targets.
Once you are able to determine where you can get to your targets on one or more social media sites, you can then connect and engage with your targets in order for you to be able to get them to become your followers, and in order for you to be able to get them to visit your site.
You can also get such groups of targets to your websites from the social media by
- Doing some joint ventures, partnerships etc with other social media users (that is, other businesses, individuals and so on), who may help you to market or promote your products/services and by
- Running some targeted paid promotions on the social media sites that you can use to get to your targets
This is how you will be able to get some targeted traffic (that is, those who are likely to buy your product/service), from the social media to your website, in order for you to generate some sales for your business.
It Is Not Enough To Just Pick Up A Product/Service To Sell
Just picking up a product/service to sell is not enough to make you some money or generate income for your business, even if some other people are already selling or profiting with the same product/service. In order for you to get a product/service that will sell, and make you some money in your business, you will need to
- Determine and know the niche and targets that your chosen product/service cater to
- This will let you know who is likely to buy the product/service
- Determine and know the value that the product/service provides to the targets it caters to
- This will let you know why your targets will buy the product/service
- Determine and know what is different about the product/service (that is, your uniqueness or unique edge) compared to your competitors’
- This will provide your targets with a reason to prefer your product/service to your competitor’s
- Test the demand for your product/service
- This will let you know if there is some substantial amount of demand for your chosen product/service, before you start selling and promoting it, and/or before you start a business based on it, and will confirm to you that your targets will pay for the value you aim to provide with the product/service.
Without knowing each one of these, in respect to the product/service you may wish to sell, you may struggle and/or it may be quite difficult or hard for you to sell, or generate some sales through your chosen product/service, using the social media, and/or any other ad medium/method that you may want to use, for the promotion and marketing of your product/service, you may generally wish to prevent this from happening to your product/service.
- If you don’t know or are not sure about the value that your product/service provides or
- If you don’t know whether your product/service is unique or not or
- If you did not test the demand for your product/service before you started selling or promoting it or
- If you don’t know how to test the demand for your product/service
You can get some idea on how to do this, with the help of The Profit Blueprint.
You Will Need To Create Some Content That Sell
You will need to use some content with your social media promotions and marketing, in order to generate some sales for your business and/or website through the social media. You can use the content that you will provide on the social media to
- Engage with your targets
- Retain your social media followers
- Increase your reach and engagement on the social media
All of which can lead to an increase in the number of visits from the social media to your site, and can ultimately get you more sales.
Even if your focus is on using paid promotions through the social media, you will still need some content on your social media business profile and/or page, as a business.
You will need to create content that sells in order to profit. To create content that sells, you will need to relate your content to what your targets want or need, and the solutions to the problems they may have, in your chosen niche.
You can generally intermix your ads and offers, with the content that you will be providing to your targets, on the social media. You can create your content as texts, videos, images (infographics), apps etc. You may create your content by yourself, with the help of your employees and/or through outsourcing.
You should note that even if you are using other people’s services to create your content, you or at least one of your employees, will need to understand enough about your targets’ needs and wants, in order to know whether the content that will be created for your social media promotions and marketing, by others are content that sell.
If you don’t know how to determine this, you will need to get someone who does, if you wish to get the desired results through the content you will be using for promotions and marketing, on the social media.
Track Your Sales
You will need to track the number of sales that you may get, through the social media on your website, in order to know how effective the social media has been at providing your business with some sales. You can track the number of sales from the social media on your site with some tracking codes and your business ads’ tracking software/system.
You can make more money from your social media traffic by marketing and promoting your product/service, based on your tracked results.
You can also track the number of subscribers and visitors that you may get from the social media on your site too. You can use any of the analytics tools that are provided by the social media sites, together with your own tracking codes and ads’ tracking software/system, in order to get a more complete overview of the effectiveness of your social media promotions.
The Skills You Will Need
Some of the skills that you will need to profit through the social media include
- Research Skills (For researching your niche, targets, the social media sites etc)
- Content Writing Skills (For creating some content such as articles, ebooks etc)
- Content Creation Skills (For creating some content such as videos, images, infographics, slides etc)
- Copywriting Skills
- Social Media Management Skills
- Knowing how to make money through the social media
- You can learn about this on this site
- Knowing how to make money in your business
- You can learn about this through The Profit Blueprint
You may choose to learn about what you don’t know yet, or you may choose to employ others, or outsource some of what you need to third parties, in order for you to get some of these skills for use, in your business.
You may therefore need one or more content creators, content writers, promotional assistants, virtual assistants, copywriters etc, for your social media promotions and marketing.
You can get some idea of what you need for your social media promotions and marketing in terms of tools, skills, time, money, expert help, training and resources by planning your promotions before you start them.
This will help you to determine if you can do, what you may need to do, in order to get some specific type of result through the social media, in your business and can help you to determine, if you can only afford to start small with social media marketing.
Some of the steps you will need to take, to market and promote your products/services on the social media and generate some sales on your site are as follows
- Define the target groups (potential customers, other businesses etc that may help you to generate some sales in your business) that you will want to connect and engage with on the social media sites
- Choose some social media sites to use for your promotions
- Do some research to determine if you can find your targets on each of your chosen or selected social media sites
- Create a profile for yourself on each of your chosen social media sites
- Create a business profile for your business (if this is available) on each of your chosen social media sites
- Create a page for your business (if this is available) on each of your chosen social media sites
- Look for some groups where you can get to your chosen targets on your chosen social media sites
- Decide on what you are going to use to connect with your targets on each of your chosen social media sites
- Determine the medium/options that you will be using to engage with your targets, that is, determine if it is your profiles, pages and/or groups that you will be using to do this, on your selected social media sites
- Determine where you will be posting the content that you will be using to connect and engage with your targets, and for the promotion of your products/services, on the social media sites. That is, determine if you will be posting your content on your profile(s), page(s) and/or group(s)
- Determine if you will be responding to comments on your posts (you should) and if you will be using mentions (in your posts and comments) too.
- Determine if you will be posting, commenting and using mentions on your targets’ and other users’ profiles, pages and/or groups too.
- Create some promotional plans on how you will network/promote on your chosen social media sites within some specific period of time
- Determine the content, ads and offers, tools, skills (yours, your employees’ and/or third parties’ through outsourcing), resources, expert help (you may need) and the extent or level of promotional assistance that you will need, to implement your promotional plans on your chosen or selected social media sites
- Determine how much all of these will cost you
- Create and/or get the content, ads, offers, tools, skills, resources, expert help and/or promotional assistance that you will need to implement your promotional plans on your chosen/selected social media sites
- Incorporate your tracking codes in your content, ads and offers
- Promote, that is, engage and connect with your targets on your chosen social media sites
- Track the results that you are getting from your profiles, pages, groups etc, from your selected social media sites, on your website, using each social media site’s analytics tools, your tracking codes and your ads and sales tracking system/software.
- Determine the total number of customers, subscribers and visitors that you are getting from your chosen social media sites, through your tracked results
- Determine the social media ads, content, offers, promotions and ad campaigns, that you may either need to drop or continue to use/connect with, based on how effective each one of these has been, at providing your business with some customers, subscribers and/or visitors
- Optimize your social media marketing tracked results for more sales
- Choose or select your next promotions, ads, content, offers and ad campaigns based on your tracked results
- Plan your next promotions on the social media sites, for a specific period of time, based on your tracked results
You can generally use or apply these steps repeatedly in your business, in order to profit.
You will need to collate the results of your social media promotions together, with the results from all the other ad media/methods, that you may be using in your business, to promote your products/services, in order for you to get an overall overview, of what may be working for your business. You should be able to do this with the help of your business’ ads and sales tracking software/system.
You can apply all of the above on any social media site in order to profit and generate some sales for your business.
You don’t have to be the one or the only one that will be doing all of these for your business, you can employ some staff or outsource some or all of these in your business.
If you have not done any or some of the foregoing with your social media promotions/marketing, you can do them now. Most of the issues or problems that you are likely to encounter with generating some sales through the social media on your site will most likely be as a result of not using and applying all or some of the foregoing.
You are not likely to make money on your website, through the social media simply because
- You are selling a product or service or because
- Your business profile is on one or more social media sites or because
- You are liking or commenting on the social media etc
You will need to follow a clearly defined plan that you can track and then work on, to get the type of results that you may want through the social media in your business and will also need to provide some real value to your targets as products/services and through your content. You will also need to incorporate everything that has been discussed here in your social media strategy and promotional plans in order to profit, whether your business is big or small.
There is really no shortcut to any of these, not if you truly wish to make some money in your business/website through the social media
If you are already struggling to make money through the social media, in your business, you may want to use and apply all of the foregoing in your business right now.
How To Make Money Through The Social Media
Using Social Media Marketing For Profit
Social Media Marketing: How To Make It Work For Your Business
How Do You Make Money On A Site Through The Social Media?
How To Generate Some X Amount Of Sales/Profits Through The Social Media
… more >>
Resolving Your Social Media Sales & Profits Issues And Problems
If You Are Having Some Issues With Your Profits/Sales
Some Core Reasons For Your Social Media Sales/Profits Issues Or Problems
If You Are Not Making Any Sales
… more >>