You can promote your graphics design business, products and services by networking, you can do this online, offline and on mobile platforms.
Some of the avenues through which you can network/connect with others, in order to generate some sales for your graphics design business include meetups, conferences, workshops, seminars, social media sites, events etc.
Some of the targets that you can network and connect with, in order to generate some sales in your graphics design business include
- Potential Clients – Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Government Agencies, Groups, Individuals (e.g. T-Shirt Lovers) and so on
- Other Designers And Design Agencies
- Salespeople And/Or Sales Professionals
- Other Types Of Businesses
- Other Types Of Organizations
You will need to do some research, to know and determine the specific type of networking avenues, that you can use to connect with any of these target groups. You can connect with others locally, on a national level and internationally, within one or more regions, continents, countries and localities through your networking efforts.
You can generate some sales for your business through networking, by selling directly to your targets and through referrals, partnerships and joint ventures.
You will need to do some research to find the specific type of targets that you can network with, that might need or want the specific type of value, that you provide with your graphic design products/services.
Through your networking efforts
- You may be found by potential clients
- And may also find some clients for your business by yourself
- Other designers, design agencies, businesses and organizations can also provide you with some sales through referrals, partnerships and joint ventures
You may need to join some existing groups or create your own group(s), in some of the networking avenues that you can use to connect with others, in order for you to be able to promote your graphics design products/services.
You may use your employees to network and connect with your targets.
Before you start networking, you should ideally
- Know who your targets are (those that are likely to buy from you)
- Know the value that you can provide to your potential clients that will sell
- Know what makes your graphics design business, product and/or service unique
- Know what your business can provide, that will complement other businesses and organizations and their products and/or services
To make your networking efforts effective, you should ideally
- Focus on building a relationship first before trying to sell, you will get some better results that way. You should ideally get to know and help your network contacts first, before asking them for any favor.
- Focus on a few networking avenues/options at a time, you can start with one networking option/avenue and then add more to this over time
- Keep some contact information on those you connect with
- Keep in touch with your contacts regularly
- Help your connections/contacts out whenever they need it – with a resource, tip, some other act/function etc, that you can provide
- Thank your contacts whenever they help you
- Follow up with your contacts and find out if they need your help in some way
- Share some of your knowledge, skills and expertise that could help your contacts
- Define what (the benefits) you can provide to the specific type of targets you will be connecting with
- Define what you are likely to gain or benefit from the specific type of targets you will be connecting with
- Create promotional plans for each of the ad media/methods or avenues that you will be using for your networking
- Depending on who you are targeting and what your goals are, you may need to choose a specific location and/or targets to network with
- Your business networking efforts should be targeted
Just like any other ad medium/method that you may be using to promote your graphics design products/services, you will need to track the results from your networking efforts, in order for you to be able to determine how effective it has been, in generating income for your business.
You will need to track the number of clients, subscribers and visitors, that you are getting in your business through your networking activities, in order to determine this.
You should set up some tracking system with your tracking codes, ad tracking software, promotion and sales tracking software etc for your business, to do this.
The following are some of the steps you should ideally take in order to promote your graphics design products/services through networking
- Select the ad media/methods or avenues that you will use for networking, that you can use to get to your targeted audience (that is, your potential clients, other designers etc)
- Create a promotional plan for each of the ad media/methods or avenues that you will be using for networking, for a month
- Determine the tools, skills (yours or your employees’), resources, and the extent or level of promotional assistance that you will need to implement your networking plans
- Determine how much all of these will cost you
- Create and/or get the tools, skills, resources and/or promotional assistance that you will need to implement your networking plans
- Set up a tracking system to track the results of your networking efforts
- Engage and connect with your targets
- Track your results
- Determine the total number of customers, subscribers and visitors that you are getting through your networking activities
- Determine the networking avenues and/or contacts you may either need to drop or continue to use/connect with, based on how effective each one of them has been at providing your business with some clients, subscribers and/or visitors
- Optimize your networking activities for more sales
- Choose or select your next networking avenues, connections and contacts based on your tracked results
- Plan your next networking activities for a specific period of time based on your tracked results
You can generally use or apply all of these steps repeatedly in your business, in order to profit.
You will need to collate the results of your networking activities together, with the results from all the other ad media/methods, that you may be using in your graphics design business, to promote your products/services, in order for you to be able get an overall overview, on what is working for your business. You should be able to do this with the help of your business’ tracking software/system.
You can determine and define, the value and the uniqueness you will need to provide with your products/services, before you start networking, by applying and implementing the profit steps in The Profit Blueprint in/on your graphics design business/idea.